Wednesday, April 2, 2014

WIP Wednesday #62

Hiya, Wednesday! It's been lovely outside this week (thank goodness!), but somehow I still managed to get a lot of sewing done. Must be because I mostly sew around midnight...

Completed:
First up, the quilted heart pillow! This cutie is a gift for my grandmother. You can read all about it in this post.
Last night, I finished up one of the divided baskets (from the excellent Noodlehead pattern) that's been on my to do list. I've been itching to make one ever since I finished the first one, so it was fun to finally get this one together.
This one will serve as B's Easter basket, so I kept it simple, omitting both the outside pocket and the inside divider. I worried that removing the inside divider would make it a bit floppy, but it still stands up well on its own and should work well. The birds and dots are Ann Kelle, and the stripe is an unidentified piece from my stash.
In progress:
I'm still making headway on the Kitchen Window quilt! After a little encouragement last week, I decided to go all in and try to FMQ it (my first time!). It was a little rough at the start, but I'm starting to catch on, and it's look pretty good, as long as you don't look too close.
It helps that I found Elizabeth Dackson's (of Don't Call Me Betsy) new Craftsy class, "Start Free-Motion Quilting." I've never done a Craftsy class before because they're a bit pricey, and I wasn't sure it was worth it. After stalking this one for a few days, Craftsy was nice enough to inform me it was on sale, so I signed up.
I'm on the fourth episode, but so far, I've been really impressed. I'd highly recommend it if you're starting out with FMQ. Elizabeth has already given lots of information and tips that I've never heard elsewhere, and I'm feeling much more confident about my FMQ already. Check it out!

On the "to do" list: 
Kitchen Window quilt
One more divided basket for gift set
Quilted heart pillow
Mystery HST quilt
Charger pouch for the hubs
Car travel pouch for B (this, this, or this)
T-shirt quilt 
New tie for B (with a tutorial, finally!)
Superhero cape for B
Re-covering the downstairs chair
New pillows for the downstairs chairs
A mug rug for me
Ironing board cover
Reusable snack bags
Living room quilt
Washi dress/tunic

This week, I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. Your FMQ looks AWESOME!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your projects look great! I love the fabrics in your Kitchen Window quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)