Thursday, November 6, 2014

Pouches and preschool

Man, long time no see. I'm sorry I've been so MIA, but it's been a busy time around here. Thankfully, I've still managed to squeeze in some sewing time -- just not time to tell you about it! This week marked my little guy's last week in the toddler classroom at his school. Starting Monday, he will officially be in preschool, sniff sniff.
And he turns three on Wednesday! I cannot believe how big he's getting. Where did my baby go?
Okay, enough of that. We absolutely loved his toddler-room teachers, so I wanted to make them a little thank-you gift before B moved on. I made each of his female teachers a zipper pouch, and we got his male teacher a Starbucks gift card (hidden inside that little fox "wallet"). All of them included a little fox fabric, of course, to remind them of B.
I was really pleased with how they turned out, but man did I have trouble with these things. I have made a lot of zipper pouches in my day, and I don't know why these proved to be so testy, but suffice it to say that everything that could go wrong went wrong -- broken zippers, layers sewn in the wrong order, seam-ripping galore, failing to unzip the zipper before sewing the lining in (so I couldn't turn it right-side out). Yeesh. I'm having nightmares just thinking about it. But they're done, and I hope his teachers love them.
I've been busy on lots of other projects, too, so hopefully I'll be back soon with more. I owe you a Halloween post, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)