Monday, June 29, 2015

Summer shorts

I don't know what's gotten into me lately, but I just finished another piece of clothing for myself! What what?!? I've been wanting to do this project for a year -- since the pattern first became super popular last summer -- and I'm glad I finally got around to it.
The shorts are from the free(!) City Gym Shorts tutorial on The Purl Bee's blog. The pattern and tutorial are both great, and the shorts fit exactly right. They went together pretty quickly, and I think would be even faster on a second pair now that I've "practiced" a few of the steps.
For the bias strips and back of the shorts, I used the same Robert Kaufman chambray from my recent skirt finish. The front is Sealing Wax in Peridot from Anna Maria Horner's True Colors collection, a personal favorite. The shorts ended up being a bit bolder than I expected, so they might end up being mostly sleep shorts, but I still love them.
Just FYI, the pattern includes both women's and kid's sizes, so check it out if you'd like to make a pair for yourself or a littlie! You can also find lots of other examples on Instagram (#citygymshorts). Oh, and I'm just under the wire to join this year's Shorts on the Line sewalong over on Imagine Gnats. Click on over for lots more cute ideas!
http://imaginegnats.com/shorts-on-the-line/

1 comment:

  1. Those are adorable on you and I love the fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)