Thursday, August 13, 2015

Double zip clutch

Well, you can mark another item off this week's crazy to do list. Last night, I finished the Double-Zip Clutch from the wonderful book Sew Organized for the Busy Girl by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt.
 
What a fun project! This one's destined for a little classmate of B's, but I'm already brainstorming reasons to make one for myself. It came together really easily, and the construction method is oh so clever. Other than a snafu in which I accidentally sewed the outside flap into the zipper (oops), it was smooth sailing and a fun one-night project.
I adore the fabulous Ann Kelle Girlfriends print on the outside, and I paired it with the aqua crosshatch and pink dot fabrics from Kelle's Remix line. I don't get to make many little girl items around here, so it was fun to get to embrace some new fabric.
Now I'm itching to do another project from the book, but how will I choose??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)